OSEntreprendre Challenge: 22 Projects Rewarded
The awards ceremony for the 21st edition of the OSEntreprendre Challenge in Lac-Saint-Jean-Est, held on March 28 at Alma College, rewarded five business projects in the Business Creation section as well as 17 other projects in the section Student Entrepreneurship .
The winners of the first prizes or a favorite mention will represent the MRC Lac-Saint-Jean-Est at the regional final on April 30, at the Cégep de Saint-Félicien. The regional winners will then represent Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean in the provincial final.
Each winning company also received a $250 grant.
Business Creation Section
In the pane Business Creation section, a total of 14 projects had been received. The company SOLEM , by Mylène Lessard and Marie-Hélène Doucet, won top honors in the category Trade .
In the category Social Economy, the Coop Désert de glace , made up of Stéphan Tremblay, Éric Larouche, Réal Tremblay and Hugues Ouellet won first place.
In Exploitation, Processing and Production , Carl Gagné's company Maelstrom Forge won first prize.
ESSOR Project Services , with Dany Fortin, left with the first title in the category Business Services.
Finally, HaagenDaz Expeditions Inc. and her owner Geneviève Raymond-Lafortune walked away with the prize in the category Services to Individuals .
Student Entrepreneurship Component
A total of 84 projects were submitted in the Student Entrepreneurship section. Of this number, 17 obtained a prize and 12 will participate in the regional final, namely the recipients of the first places as well as the jury's favorite mentions.
Primary 1st Cycle
- First prize (regional finalist): “Goûte-à-tout” Canteen (Saint-Julien School)
- Second prize: Christmas Market (Saint-Pierre School)
Primary 2nd Cycle
- First prize (regional finalist): I Cultivate my Community (Bon-Conseil School)
- Second prize: Artisan Victor (Monseigneur-Victor School)
Primary 3rd Cycle
- First prize (regional finalist): Les Fourmidables (Saint-Gérard School)
- Second prize AND favorite prize (regional finalist): A Concert for Music (Saint-Pierre School)
- Favorite prize (regional finalist): The Elves of Mgr Victor (Monseigneur-Victor School)
1st Cycle of Secondary
- First Prize (regional finalist) AND TCG Creator of Futures Special Prize: Carpet washing (Jean-Gauthier School)
- Second prize: La Barbotine (Camille-Lavoie High School)
2nd Cycle Secondary
- First prize (regional finalist): Secondaide.com (Camille-Lavoie High School)
- Second prize AND favorite prize (regional finalist): Mini-Cheer Les Tigres (Jean-Gauthier School)
- Favorite award (regional finalist): We Brunch for the Cause (Jean-Gauthier School)
Secondary School Adaptation
- First prize (regional finalist): Spaghetti dinner at the Jeune Coop ESCL (Camille-Lavoie High School)
- Second prize: Wine Cabinets (Pavillon Wilbrod-Dufour)
- First prize (regional finalist): Lavage Auto Service Lavoie (Collège d'Alma)
- First prize (regional finalist): La LYRE (Collège d'Alma)
- Second prize: Éco-coud (Collège d'Alma)